Be the new Head of Investor Relations in a biotech company with more than 20 years of experience within discovery, design, and development of innovative peptide-based medicines.
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a fast-growing, fully integrated Copenhagen-based
biotechnology company with a highly attractive pipeline. With two products on the market
and three candidates in late-stage development, Zealand Pharma is a unique success story
in Danish biotech. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with
metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with
significant unmet medical needs. In addition to the Søborg Headquarters, Zealand Pharma
is also located in the United States in Boston (MA), Marlborough (MA), and New York (NY).
Do you possess strong expertise in Investor Relations and superior skills in navigating
efficiently and communicating appropriately with investors, equity analysts and other
stakeholders? You might be our future Head of Investor Relations.
You will be a key stakeholder in shaping the global investor relations and external
communications platform for a publicly traded company listed on both the NASDAQ
Copenhagen and NASDAQ Global Select exchanges.
We are looking for a self-motivated entrepreneur with the ability to communicate complex
scientific and financial issues in a clear and targeted manner. Furthermore, you must be an
excellent team player with great interpersonal skills and the capability to become a trusted
partner and advisor to senior management.
● Create a high performing IR and Comms function which is fully compliant with all
relevant laws and regulations covering listed companies
● Create global leadership of the capital markets strategy for the company in line with
Zealand Pharma’s corporate strategy
● Provide insight and market intelligence on the global landscape relevant to Zealand
● Manage relevant media relations to ensure an integrated corporate communications
approach to communicating with key business and financial stakeholders
● Lead strategic communications development with an IR focus, including the
preparation of investor presentations, developing earnings releases and the annual
report, the creation of background material, handouts, management Q&As,
conference call scripts, and any other securities filings
● Manage external IR and Corporate Communications partners
● Respond to investor inquiries and interactions while monitoring media surveillance
● Advise management on the potential impact of business initiatives on the market
and shareholders, and how to effectively communicate these to the investment
● Provide strategic and crisis communication advice and guidelines to executive
leadership regarding media issues as well as the public relations implications of key
business decisions in crisis situations
● Work with commercial and other key departments to ensure unified and streamlined
communications efforts for Zealand Pharma
The ideal candidate will possess most or all of the following qualifications:
• Relevant degree at M.Sc.-level.
• Many years of experience with Nordic/European/ US investor communities –
preferably from a pharma/biotech or other healthcare related perspective
• Proven track-record delivering clear consistent messaging of scientific and clinical
concepts across multiple stakeholders / audiences
• Well-versed in investor interactions
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial markets and drug development
• Outstanding presentation skills and strong attention to detail
• Proven track-record of superior financial and investment analysis capabilities,
including clear and thorough understanding of financial modelling and valuation
techniques used by financial and investment professionals
What we offer
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and
retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by
excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional teamwork, room for
individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and
engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be
part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus,
and an attractive employee share program. We care about our employees’ well-being and
offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities.
To find out more about working at Zealand, visit www.zealandpharma.com.
Please apply as soon as possible – interviews will be ongoing in the period – and no later
than March 11th, 2022.
The recruitment process is carried out in collaboration with the consulting company Albright
Partners A/S. If you want to learn more about this position before submitting your
application, please do not hesitate to contact Consultant Oliver Wennervaldt Larsen at
firstname.lastname@example.org or Managing Partner, Henrik Brabrand at email@example.com.