Job ad: EXPERIENCED HEAD OF IR – DONG Energy
DONG Energy is seeking a Head of IR to establish a best-in-class IR function. The main purpose fo the Head of IR will be to effectively communicate the company’s strategy, financial performance and value proposition to prospective equity and creditor investors.
About DONG Energy
|Profile||DONG Energy is one of the leading energy groups in Northern Europe. The business is based on procuring, producing, distributing and trading in energy and related products in Northern Europe. DONG Energy has around 6,500 employees and is headquartered in Denmark.|
|Henrik Poulsen, CEO, and Marianne Wiinholt, Executive Vice President, CFO |
|Number of fulltime employees||Approx. 6,500 |
|Revenue||DKK 67.1 billion in 2014|
For further details see http://www.Dongenergy.com
DONG Energy is seeking a Head of IR to establish a best-in-class IR function. The main purpose of the Head of IR will be to effectively communicate the company’s strategy, financial performance and value proposition to prospective equity and creditor investors. The Head of IR will support the IPO process, in doing so creating the basis for a credible and long-term relationship with the capital market. The IRO will report to the Group CFO and will be based in Gentofte, Denmark.
- Extensive experience in the IR function of a publicly listed company. Well respected for IR track record. Either as the Head of IR or as the number 2 within a larger company
- Alternatively as an IR advisor or highly recognized financial analyst
- Strong financial skills demonstrated in analytical environment and comprehensive knowledge of current regulatory environment for public companies
- Strong valuation skills
- Track record of building and maintaining an effective network within the investment community
- Relevant experience working in multi-national environment
- Experience of working at a senior level. Comfortable advising Boards, executive management teams and engaging with senior investors
- Proficiency in English
- Establish a high performing IR function closely connected to the Finance team and the Communication team
- Support preparations for the IPO, working closely with advisors and providing support and guidance to the CEO and CFO
- Help to articulate Dong Energy’s investment proposition (equity story) and assume responsibility for communications with the market. This includes the crafting of materials for dissemination to the market, including the website
- Play a key role in formulating guidance to the market; ensure expectation management is conducted appropriately and in such a way as to engender the long-term trust of investors
- Ensure that corporate communication across all stakeholder groups is consistent and takes full account of valuation
- Assume the role of point of contact person within Dong Energy for investors, potential investors as well as sell-side analysts. Also represent the company on road shows and at conferences where appropriate
- Establish an IR programme for the CEO and CFO using their time efficiently and judiciously. Develop a strategy to “architect” the shareholder base
- Provide regular feedback and market intelligence to CEO and CFO, as well as the Board of Directors
- Educate and guide internally on why transparent and well-crafted communication with the market is important; ensure that regulatory aspects of capital market communication are well understood internally
- Develop and monitor performance metrics for the IR function, and provide feedback to the Executive Management Team regarding the investment community’s perception of the company.
Terms and conditions
This role commands a competitive remuneration package including benefits and bonus.
Frequent international travel must be expected.