Job advertisement: Investor Relationship Director (UK)
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
AstraZeneca Investor Relations is a global team based in the UK and US. Serving as a liaison between AstraZeneca and the investment community, it helps shape our messaging and positioning, driving the investor relations outreach processes.
As one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, our business is focused on providing innovative, effective medicines that make a real difference in important areas of healthcare. At AstraZeneca, innovation is about more than just research. We aim to stimulate continued creativity throughout our organisation by maintaining a culture in which our people feel valued, energised and rewarded for their ideas and contribution to our success – ideas which can make a difference in all aspects of our business. And we support and encourage our people in discovering their own potential, through excellent learning and development opportunities that are available to them throughout their careers.
As a Investor Relationship Director, it’s essential that you have:
- Strong critical-thinking skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a high-performing team
- Good project-management skills, and the drive to lead projects to successful outcomes
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to take complex concepts and explain them concisely
- A flair for analysing and proposing solutions to complex communications issues
- The capacity to build strong interpersonal relationships internally and externally
The following skills and qualifications are desirable:
- A good understanding of equity capital markets (stock price drivers, trading activity, investor areas of focus)
- Investor relations experience, including tangential connectivity (business development, investment banking, capital markets)
As a Investor Relationship Director, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Partnering with research and early development units, and global medicines development, to stay up-to-date with the progress of the pipeline
- Preparing and taking part in quarterly earnings calls, pipeline updates, investor conferences, meetings and roadshows
- Contributing to the planning and management of investor events, related to medical meetings
- Taking ownership of one strategic therapeutic area and collaborating with other company functions to improve communication and teamwork to drive efficiencies and ensure consistent messaging
- Becoming the team’s lead for investors in one geographical area, including roadshow activity
To apply for this postion, please click the apply link on this web page
AstraZeneca welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To find out more about us, please visit http://www.astrazeneca.com/Careers